2/2/16

REVIEW: Halogen Marlie Point Toe Pump

I'm a huge fan of leopard print and own several pairs of leopard flats (one pictured above), but have wanted a pair of heels after seeing all the pairings from JEAN. With the hundred of positive reviews and raves about this HALOGEN MARLIE POINTY TOE PUMP in leopard print, I decided to order a pair myself when they were restocked recently.

Due to mixed reviews about sizing, I ordered my usual size 6 and 5.5. The size 6 arrived last week, but unfortunately was almost an inch too big for my feet. I patiently waited for the 5.5's to arrive and when it finally did, I was so disappointed. The color of the left and right shoe were completely different - it almost looked like I was wearing two different pairs of shoes.
The left shoe was significantly darker than the right shoe
The 5.5 was a better fit for sure, but the heel occasionally slipped off - so the 5's may be perfect, but I'm afraid the toe box may be too snug. Either way, I needed to return these due to the inconsistent coloring; exchanging was not an option since almost all the sizes were almost completely sold out.

However, this past weekend while in DC, I  ran into a Nordstrom Rack next door to Home Depot where my husband was, and to my surprise I found a the exact pair of heels in 5.5 on the rack for an astonishing $34.99; the pair I had ordered from Nordstrom was $99.

When I went to check out, the SA told me someone had returned these and since it was the only pair left, it was marked down to $34. 

The color on this pair is definitely darker, closer to the darker shade in the original pair I purchased, and had more texture. Below is a picture for comparison.


I want to mention that I always shop online through EBATES, and receive a check with cash back. I absolutely love this site. They will occasionally have deals where there is 10% cashback at Nordstrom, Macy's, etc..
Happy shopping!

1 comment: