7/15/17

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Reviews//What I Purchased

It's that time of year again - the annual Nordstrom Anniversary sale.

WHAT IS IT?
This is an annual sale Nordstrom holds - it's where thousands of brand new items are stocked and discounted. The sale runs from July 21to August 6, however Nordstrom allows their credit card holders to shop early (between July 13 - July 20) and if you're a level 4 card holder then you can preview everything before all the other card holders on July 12.

I have been a Nordstrom card holder for 4 years now and have to admit I take advantage of this sale every year.

I stopped by my local Nordstrom after work yesterday during the Early Access Sale. I had been eyeing some items online but wanted to look at the items in person and try them on for sizing/color.

CLOTHING:

BLANK NYC Sued Moto Jacket . This is a thick well constructed suede material. It's great for early/mid fall temperatures in New England and the color is gorgeous. This comes in brown (pictured below), red and a dark grey. I'm wearing a XS - the length and sleeve are perfect on me.



Ruffle Bell Sleeve Blouse. I tried on the XS and absolutely loved the length of this. I purchased this but still debating whether or not to keep them, still not sure if the ruffles are too much. Thoughts? This is currently marked to $31 from $49. These come in a variety of colors and patterns.



Cold Shoulder Blouse. The SA brought me while I was trying on other items. To my surprise, I actually really liked the way it draped. I love the layered draping in the front, however the shirt was a little longer than I liked in the back. This shirt if currently on sale for $29 from $45.





Next up - cardigans and Jackets.

Leith Cardigan. I really like the draping of this sweater, however it shed wayyy too much. By the time I took it off, my black pants were covered in fuzz. I am wearing the XS. It's on sale for $49 and will go back to $75 after the sale.

Double Face Coat. This jacket is amazing and fits really well on me. However if you're shorter than me, this may be too long in length or the sleeves may be too long (I'm 5'4 and wearing Petite XS). It comes in grey and a "nutmeg" color that looks like a burnt orange. This is currently on sale for $129 from $199. I ended up not purchasing this because I didn't think the sleeves were warm enough for cooler months, and the wool body would be too warm for early fall weather.



Onto workout clothes:
The Zella yoga pants - these come in a variety or colors, patterns and style.

The black and marroon pair pictured below are the "Live-in" leggings. I have a pair of these from last year, however it seems like the ones last year are much softer. The pair I purchased during last years anniversary sale was also double sided (but was $45 during the sale if I'm remembering correctly). The pair this year are not double sided are are only $31 from $54. Zella yoga pants are very opaque and fit very well and not to constrictive on any part of the stomach/legs -  they are high waisted so does a decent job holding your stomach in while still being comfortable. I'm wearing XS. I repurchased a pair of black ones for traveling.



Wearing XXS - a little too tight for me - loved the color combo, but a little too busy for my liking.

SHOES:
Everybody loves a good fitting pair of over the knee boots. I have pretty slim legs and always have trouble finding boots that fit snugly around my calves especially OTK boots.
I tried on 3 pairs of over the knee boots. All 3 pairs fit my legs pretty well. The Steve Madden's were the tighest fitting pair and at only $86 on sale, it's definitely worth it for those of you wanting to try the OTK style.

  1. Marc Fisher Arrine  (2nd picture) - these fit TTS
  2. Stuart Weitzman Elevated - Purchased. These run large, I'm typically a 6, and ended up purchasing the 5's. (I have the 5050's in 5.5 for reference)
  3. Steve Madden Gabbie (3rd picture) - Purchased. These fit true to size.


Left and Right are both SW Elevated
Left: Marc Fisher Arrine // Right:Stuart Weitzman Elevated


Left: Steve Madden (pointy toe)// Right: SW Elevated (more almond/square toe)


I also saw these Stuart Weitzman ankle boots and had to share them with you. They are gorgeous in person and are $225 dollars off!
Stuart Weitzman ankle boots - these are BEAUTIFUL in person (sorry for the blurry pic)
HANDBAGS:

And last but not least...I saw these Rebecca Minkoff bags in person and the material and color is amazing. They are a rich soft nubuck leather material, about an inch thinner than the other Love Crossbody bags. I already have 2 Love Crossbodies so couldn't justify getting a 3rd. The taupe has a slight purple Hugh which is a great neutral for the fall. At $149 these are a bargain!


Hope you found this helpful! I have several other items coming in the mail next week, so will be sure to review those.

No comments:

Post a Comment