7/14/18

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Picks - Photos and Reviews

Oh it's that time of year again (eye roll lol), the super hyped Nordstrom Anniversary Sale!
Because of all the attention from the blogging community, this sale has turned into a race and year after year the website crashes. I remember when my mother and I used to shop this sale years ago and no one even knew about it.


Anyways, I wanted to share my thoughts on some items and hopefully this isn't too repetitive for you seeing that everyone and their mothers have posted about this sale. For a great tip on how to shop the sale without the credit card, be sure to read Jess' blog post HERE.




First off, I wanted to share some staples that show up in this sale year after year - these are items I have had for years and love.





ZELLA LEGGINGS: Sale price $35.90, originally $54.
I have 4 pairs of these. I find myself buying a pair of these every other year. They are thick, durable, and extremely comfortable (love wearing mine on 15 hour flights!) I just purchased another pair yesterday after having dropped paint on another pair last month while painting my house. Fun fact for people who are new to the sale, the older version (at least 5-6 years ago) used to be double sided). These fit TTS and come in a cropped version for petite ladies or those who like a shorter fit.



They also come in a variety of colors and patterns such as the one ABOVE.


LONGCHAMP EXPANDABLE PLIAGE BAG: (explusive to Norstrom during the Anniversary sale) Sale Price: $129, original price: $189
This has been one of my favorite purchases from the sale over the years. I have a red one and added an eggplant colored one to my collection last year (I also purchased a navy one for my mom last year). This is the perfect medium sized tote for everyday and can be carried from work to dinner because it's not too big (the Large Pliage is a bit big for everyday use in my opinion, I used one for work, but just don't carry as much for work anymore, however I do love it for traveling). What I love about the expandable one is that the size almost doubles when you upzip it, it's amazing for stuffing cardigans and other necessities on a long flight. The bag is currently sold out online, but there were plenty at my local store this morning, so call your local Nordstrom.

I apologize in advance for the color, some of the fitting rooms had a gold wall paper which made everything a little yellow)

Here are some of the items I tried and purchased.


Lace Trim Satin Cami. I'm wearing an XS; can't emphasize how versatile these are, they fit TTS and the straps are adjustable. 



Wearing:
Ruched Dress (XS, only $31 currently) I think this dress is quite versatile, it can be paired with sneakers or dressed up for work and if it's too tight for your liking, just throw on a long cardigan). Also comes in red.


Wearing:
Distressed Jeans TTS and super comfy. These were too distressed for me and I don't think I'd get enough wear (too casual for work)




Wearing: 
Textured Stitch Cardigan (XXS, get your regular size for a looser fit - I reordered in XS)
Lace Trim Satin Came (XS). I ordered the green and pink. I have a very similar one from Abercrombie, but this is a satin material so is shiny and a little dressier, but can also resemble pajamas.




Wearing:
Lace Trim Satin Came (XS)
Barefoot Dream Circle Cardigan (XS/S)

The oh so coveted Barefoot Dream Cardigans, the stone colored one is all gone online, but there were plenty at my local store. This years sale includes several styles of this brand, they are all so incredible soft. I loved the mauve colored boxy one on the hanger, but looked like I was wearing a polar bear lol.




Wearing:



Wearing:
Taylor Shift Dress (XS) $31 during sale, $49 after sale. I tied a belt around it for a fitted look, but looks great on it's on as well (below). This is super versatile, I can wear it for work or use it as a swim suit cover-up!



 Wearing:
Dreamers Stitch Sweater (XS) Sale price of $29, after sale $49, take your regular size for an oversize fit. The sweater is also really long, so I tucked it in.





Wearing: (above) Cocoon Sweater (XXS) In the charcoal and tan color
(below) Curve Hem Cadigan (XXS) In Pink Cedar





Wearing: Faux Leather Leggings (XS) - these looked tiny on the hanger and I didn't think they would fit over my calves, but they are amazing on and suck everything in without smoothing your butt


Wearing: 
Adidas Leggings (XS)loved these but did not get because didn't think I have many opportunities to wear it


 Wearing: 
Kut From the Same Kloth (TTS) - first time trying this brand and I am impressed!



Wearing:
STS Jeans (24, TTS) Only $38 at the moment!
Wool Cardigan (XS, runs large, size down; I need a XXS)

Wearing:
Madewell jeans (these run 1 size larger)



And for some misses:

This jumpsuit looked gorgeous on the hanger, but since I'm only 5'4, it was too large and long for me. 


This TopShop dress looked OK on the hanger, but I was more attracted to the gorgeous firey red color. However, after putting it on, it resembled a bathrobe rather than a dress. I was not very impressed with the dress, there was no liner and can be see through if you have darker undergarments on.


 These Leith Cardigans were also a miss for me; so many bloggers are raving about them. I think even at $45, the price point is too high for something of this quality. Overall I thought it looked too big and messy on me (wearing a XXS) because it was perhaps too oversized or there was too much excess material around the shall?



As for shoes, there were quite a number of ankle booties (as usual), but I didn't need any. Tory Burch Benton flats are also discounted heavily (also come in a 2 inch heel version). My favorites would be these BP Mules, but I have a very similar pair already so couldn't justify another pair, otherwise these are a bargain at only $49 and fit TTS.


SaveSaveSaveSaveSaveSave





Hope you found this helpful! Happy shopping!

-Jules


No comments:

Post a Comment