11/24/15

J. Crew Factory City Coat Review

I recently took a trip to my local J.Crew Factory store and tried on the CITY COAT. The City Coat ($228) is reminiscent of J.Crew's Stadium-Cloth Cocoon Coat ($350) at 2/3 the cost and is a wool-blend. 


You can see the similarities between the two below (City Coat on the top and Stadium-cloth Cocoon Coat is on the bottom:



I think the City Coat is great for late fall and early winter in New Enland; it is probably not thick enough to battle the blistering Boston winter - I will stick with my J.Crew Double Cloth Lady Coat with Thinsulate for those cold days.

The ended up purchasing the coat in the color heather stone, since I don't have anything like that, for $114. I don't think I would purchase this at its full price of $228  since the Cocoon Coat can be purchased at almost the same price during a 25% off sale.

As for sizing - this coat is a boxy/over-sized fit, so I think the sizing may be a little off. My coats from J.Crew are 00, however I ended up purchasing the Factory City Coat in a P00. There is only an inch differnce in legth between the regular and petite sizing. However the real issue for me was the sleeve length - the 00 was way too long and covered half my hand; the petite was surprisingly perfect.
Here's a picture of me wearing the 00P. The length was great; it hit mid-thigh. (I'm 5'4, 105lbs for reference).

There's plenty of room for layering thick sweaters underneath.


The coat is currently 25% 50% off with additional 15% off at J.Crew Factory. I ended up purchasing this online and used EBATES for a 6% cashback, making this jacket  $107 (a 53% off discount from the original price).

No comments:

Post a Comment