11/30/16

Sam Edelman Ankle Boots Review

I've been on the hunt for a pair of versatile black ankle booties to wear with both jeans as well as more office appropriate outfits.

I recently ordered two pairs of Sam Edelman booties - the BLAKE BOOTIE and the CAMBELL BOOTIE. I was able to get Nordstrom to price match the Lord and Taylor sale.



BLAKE BOOTIE: Retail $159, purchased for $92. The sleekness and pointed toe of this boot immediately caught my eye and I was beyond thrilled when I received these boots. This is made of beautiful, soft, sturdy suede and has a rubber bottom making them easy to walk in. The padded souls along with the chunky 3 inch block heel make these so comfortable to walk in!











CAMBELL BOOTIE: Retail $149, purchased for $96. The shorter shaft and leather material caught my eye. Leather is low maintenance and wearable in wet weather. I loved the height of the shaft on these - I think the shorted shaft make these more suitable for dresses and skirts. The toe area seemed to be more almond shaped online but was much rounder than I expected or liked in person and looked less streamline than I wanted. 


FINAL VERDICT:
I will be returning both pairs as neither is perfect for what I'm looking for. The Blake is gorgeous and looks amazing paired with more casual outfits, but I cannot justify keeping these since I have several pairs of similar boots. The height of the shaft cuts at an awkward part of my leg, making my legs look shorter and more chunky when worn with longer skirts (knee length). The Cambell toe area is much too round for my liking. It makes my feet look much wider than they.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations for versatile black ankle boots!


No comments:

Post a Comment