11/30/17

J.Crew Wool Topcoat Review

Who doesn't love a classic wool camel coat?  I've been on the hunt for one for quite some time. Today  I'll be sharing this camel coat from J.Crew Factory.  They are currently still running 50-60% off winter items.
I tried this WOOL TOPCOAT in the color saddle.  I'm wearing a 00 here - I'm 5'4 for reference. The coat is a good length, it hits my at my lower thigh. The shoulders fit perfectly and the fit is good, the body is giving and allows room for layers underneath. My only hesitation is the sleeve length being 1-1.5 inches too long, it hits me half way down my thumb.


Here I folded the sleeve in 1 inch and it's perfect


Note the long sleeve length 



This jacket is made of a wool blend, so it will not be warm enough in the coldest months. However if does have some weight and it totally fine for 20 degree weather (I braved 18 degree temps walking around NYC all weekend and was warm!). The  inside is lined with a stripe satin finish, which is pretty typical of J.Crew coats.

The jacket is a bit wrinkly because the SA just took this jacket out of the packaging

This jacket also comes in a gorgeous green and navy. The sizing ranges from 00 to 20, however does not come in petites.
Wool topcoatWool topcoat

While at the store, I also tried the DOUBLE SERGE WOOL PENCIL SKIRT in the burgundy color.
The 00 hits me right at my knee and is a tad too wide for me (it's difficult to see in the picture since I tucked in my chambray shirt). The waist is also about 1.5 inches too wide and easily falls to my upper if not tucked.
This retails at $79.50 and is currently on sale for $39.50. This material is great for fall and winter, but does seem a bit thin. I would personally not pay $80 for this.



I purchased the topcoat despite the sleeve length, I'm thinking of shortening the sleeves but in the meantime I'm just tucking the extra inch in.

If you're interested in the J.Crew Factory City Coat, I have a review HERE.

I hope you found this review helpful!

Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment