12/29/16

OVER THE KNEE BOOTS FOR SLIM CALVES

Today I'm coming to you with a review on 4 pairs of over the knee boots designed for slim calves.
I have very slim calves (12.5in circumference) and have always had trouble finding boots that fit properly. I've been eyeing the Stuart Weitzman Lowlands for quite some time, but did not want to spend the money.


I did plenty of research and reading reviews online and found 4 pairs that were described as "slim fitting". During the Black Friday, I bit the bullet and purchase all 4 pairs.



First up is the GENTLE SOUL EMMA BOOTS - definitely winners! These retail for $399, but are on sale on several sites for $220-$250.00 and come in black and a beautiful taupe color (almond.) I purchased these in both colors; the black in size 5.5, and almond in 6. When I was in the process of checking out, the size 6 in black sold out, so I decided to get the 5.5 anyways.
To my surprise, these fit about 1/2 a size larger, so the 5.5 was perfect. I was quote unfamiliar with this brand, but knew it was a comfort brand. Gentle Soul is a brand of Kenneth Cole and is definitely made for comfort. I felt like I was walking on clouds the second I stepped foot in these boots. The soul is thick and made of layers of memory pillows, padding, and dear skin lining, completely organic and has rubberized souls for easy walking!

PROS:
- fits my legs perfectly!
- lined with a silky smooth liner
- doesn't slip down my legs when I walk
- genuine sueded
- amazing quality
- good price point for quality and comfort!
CONS:
- pull on boot, without ties in the back, which may stretch out after some use
- run half a size big





DOLCE VITA NEELY BOOTS - Also winners!
These retail for $200, but can be purchased for $150 when Macy's and Bloomingdales has 25% off. These like almost identical to the SW Lowlands, except for the sip up zipper. These are VERY slim fitting, actually a little difficult for my to pull up. These fit like a second layer of skin on my legs. These also run a little large, but do not come in sizes below 6. I plan to add souls to mine for added comfort. What I don't like about these is it's completely made of man made material, however it LOOKS like suede.

PROS:
- fit is amazing
- almost identical to the SW Lowlands
- the ties on the back are functional
- these are VERY slim, if you have larger than 14 inch calves, these will not fit.
- do not slip off after long period of walking

CONS:
- made made material. For $200 boots, I expect real suede
- run a little large, but not uncomfortable; I will add souls to mine
- harder souls, so not the most comfortable, but added souls should fix this



FRANCO SARTO KERRI OVER THE KNEE
These were the first pair of boots I received. They retail for $198, but are currently on sale for $126 at Nordstrom. The opening of these boots are superb! they fit my knees tightly without slipping off. The calf area is slightly larger than I'd like (you can probably see from the photos above). I think these are perfect with jeans or thicker leggings, however I was looking for something sleeker that can be worn with dresses. These boots are different from the previous two pairs - these are a stiff suede material, whereas the previous two are a soft and mold to the skin. 
PRO:
- genuine suede, the material is very study!
- price point is very good for a quality pair of suede boots
- small opening circumference
- small chunky heel makes these very easy to walk in and more dressy
- love the almond toe

CONS:
- calf is slightly looser than I'd like. If you have larger calves than me, these would be PERFECT for you!


The two winners are the Dolce Vita Neely boots and the Gently Soul Emma boots. As you can see from the photos, these hug my legs with no gaping at all, even when worn with tights. The measurements for the two pairs are identical and come about 2.5 inches above my knees.

I hope you found this review helpful! Please feel free to share any over the knee boots for small calves!

-Jules

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for the detailed and informative review. I've never heard of Gently Soul before but now am intrigued. It's such a nice change to learn about other brands especially all I see these days are those expensive SW boots. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sydney! Definitely keep an eye out for Gentle Souls which combines comfort and style at a great price point.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the detailed review! I've been debating getting a pair of otk boots but wasn't ready to commit without some good, reliable feedback. Will definitely check out the gentle souls! -jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenn! I hope you were able to grab a pair of Gentle Souls. I noticed many of the sizes have sold out. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. Amazing review! Do you have any boots for small calves with a low to medium heel height? Or you only own flat otk boots!
    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much =). I have a pair of Cole Haan Marina boots that have a 3 inch heel. These are AMAZING for small calves, but have a higher heel height at 3 inches. However there is plenty of cushioning and feel very comfortable; I've worn these to work and have walked around for hours and they are fine. Another pair I've noticed is the Cole Haan Darla boot - these have a 2.5 inch stacked heel which may be what you're looking for. Good luck. Please let me know when you find the perfect pair; I've been looking for a mid heel pair as well.

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Jenn! I hope you were able to grab a pair of Gentle Souls. I noticed many of the sizes have sold out. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete